Added value of Rapso
Rapso is a real innovation because it supplements the valuable conditions of the rape seed oil's raw material with unique quality characteristics:
Guaranteed free from genetic engineering
- Only specially controlled varieties are approved for the contracted cultivation. Farmers commit themselves to cultivate rape only for Rapso and no other edible oil projects.
- At harvest, acceptance, storage and processing of the rape seed the strict principle of separate logistics is applied.
- Each farmer, every piece of the field, each warehouse and the oil mill are checked by an independent, state-authorised inspection body.
- The test certificate for each crop confirms that Rapso complies with the GMO-free legal regulations of Austria and Germany.
Safe and traceable
- The rape seed processed is 100% from contracted cultivation.
- Contract farmers commit themselves to comply with special requirements for cultivation and to the managing of traceable records.
- A control chain which starts at the field and ends at the bottle ensures absolute product safety.
- A modern, computerised system guarantees the traceability back to the raw material and also to the individual customer.
Carefully processed in the oil mill
- The oil extraction is carried out by a simple pressing of the crushed and heated seeds. A subsequent extraction with chemical solvents does not occur therefore residues in the oil can definitely be ruled out.
- The refining or filtering of the oil is carried out by a specially developed physical rather than chemical based procedure.
- Through this careful processing a high content of natural vitamin E remains and artificial additives are therefore not necessary for Rapso.
- Rapso is stored immediately next to the oil mill in tall, narrow stainless steel tanks and bottled on site in light-protective glass bottles. Transporting the oil is unnecessary, oxidation is avoided from the beginning.
All-rounder in the kitchen
- Rapso has a neutral taste. In contrast to olive oil, it does not affect the taste of the food.
- Rapso can be used in many ways in hot and cold cooking:
- for salads and dips
- for marinades and mayonnaise
- for steaming, frying
- and also in baking.
- The high proportion of mono-unsaturated fatty acids provides high heat stability. And so Rapso is ideal for deep frying.