As agricultural food producers a responsible approach to our environment goes without saying. In all areas from cultivation to bottling, the ecological aspect plays an important role:
- Rapso contract farmers must comply with a rotation of four years for the rape cultivation. Tight crop rotations of three years, as partially practised for a higher yield of rape, can overstress the soil as well as result in diseases and pest infestation.
- Only agents from the "green list" are allowed for plant protection, as fertilizers only mineral fertilizers, farm manure and compost are allowed.
- Thanks to our physical distillation procedure, no chemical waste disposal is required.
- Rapso oilcake, basically the leftover solid ingredients from the rape seed after pressing, is not wasted thanks to the chemical-free production it is used as valuable animal feed and fertilizer in organic farming.
- Rapso is stored immediately next to the oil mill in tall, narrow stainless steel tanks and bottled on site in light-protective glass bottles. Energy-intensive transport of oil to the bottling plant is also not required.
- The 750-ml Rapso glass bottle is therefore recyclable. Due to the green colour is easily reusable.
- The Rapso 10l unibox for wholesalers has three ecological advantages compared to common large packs, namely the packaging delivery to the oil mill, during transport to the customer and for waste disposal.